Toyota Tacoma was first launched in 1995 and it enjoyed a great success ever since; as a result for the last 13 years is America’s best-selling mid-size pickup. So is no wonder why Toyota will do everything in its power to make it better and better by the year. For the 2020 model year the Tacoma offers an improved look and is America’s best-selling mid-size pickup.
In the same time with the standard version, the TRD also comes with an impressive list of updates. The exterior is the first one that has been revised. The first model in the lineup, the TRD Sport gets a new front grille design, new 17-inch wheel, LED foglamp and available LED/DRL headlamp plus a new chrome insert taillamp. Moving one, the 2020 TRD Off-Road gets a new grille up front, LED foglamp, LED/DRL headlamp availability and chrome insert taillamp. Finally, the 2020 TRD Pro will be distinguished by a new front grille design, unique sequential LED/DRL headlamps, new 16-inch wheel design, Rigid Industries LED fog lights, and black-insert taillamps. Exclusive for the TRD Pro models, Toyota is offering a Army Green exterior color.
For the interior all models received larger 8-inch touchscreen and 10-way power adjustable seat, with the TRD Pro also getting Panoramic View Monitor (PVM) + Multi Terrain Monitor (MTM).
Of course the TRD models were designed for heavy roads, so they will be offered with sport-tuned shocks, and for the TRD Off-Road models Toyota is offering an off-road tuned suspension with Bilstein shocks.
As standard equipment the TRD Off-Road models will be offered with Rocking Rear Differential, Hill Start Assist Control (HAC), clutch Start Cancel (manual transmission only), Active Traction Control, and Crawl Control.
The TRD Pro model is the model that every off-road lover will want. It includes the following:
- FOX 2.5-inch internal bypass shocks tuned by TRD
- TRD-tuned front springs with a 1-inch front lift
- TRD-tuned rear suspension with progressive-rate off-road leaf springs
- TRD Pro aluminum front skid plate with red TRD lettering
- LED headlights with sequential turn signals TRD Pro inserts
- Rigid Industries LED fog lights
- Projector-beam headlights with black bezels, LED daytime running lights (DRL), and auto on/off feature
- Taillights with black bezels
- 16-inch TRD black alloy wheels (new, lighter design for 2020) that provide a 1-inch wider track width compared to TRD Off-Road
- Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Kevlar-reinforced tires
- TRD Pro hood scoop
- Special TRD Pro badging
- TRD-tuned cat-back exhaust
Prices for the 2020 Tacoma TRD start from $45,080.
2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD specifications
|Engine||3.5-liter V6 D-4S Injection (Direct & Port Injection) Atkinson Cycle Engine with VVT-iW (Variable Valve Timing-Intelligent Wider Intake) & VVT-i (Variable Valve Timing-Intelligent Exhaust)|
|Bore x Stroke||3.70 x 3.27 in.|
|Horsepower||278 hp @ 6,000 rpm|
|Torque||265 lb-ft @ 4,600 rpm|
|Ignition System||DIS (Direct)|
|EPA Estimated Fuel Economy* (city/highway/combined MPG)||19/24/21(6-spd.A/T4x2)|